THIS IS IMAGINARY- IT HAPPENED AT MY KITCHEN TABLE (all inside my head) AT BREAKFAST THIS MORNING
"Good morning," he said
as she sat facing him
in meditative pose.
"Good morning," she answered, with a smile this time.
She looked at him, from the corner of her eye, shrugged her shoulders and said
"I'm here."
She laughed, shrugged her shoulders again and said
"I just am
I have no choice in the matter
I'm here."
He straightened his spine a bit, looked up to the right, leaned forward slightly and asked
"Where is here?"
"Right here," she answered, tapping the floor with her finger.
"And where is that?" he asked, looking straight at her.
"Here," she answered. "Now."
And then she explained,
"I used to be afraid to be here. I used to try to figure out how to be here. But now, I'm just here."
She shrugged her shoulders again but with a confidence this time.
"I can't really be anywhere else," she said with a certainty of truth she felt removed from yet guided by all the same.
He smiled
"Then let us begin."
No comments:
Post a Comment